Fitness Level (1-4):
- Briefing includes information on the Island, vehicles and what to expect
- All ferry bookings and permits are arranged
- Free maps & itineraries provided to maximise the experience
- Money back guarantee or extension of hire for any mechanical failure
- Back up mechanical support on the Island at 3 different locations in the event of mechanical problem
- We are experts on Fraser Island!
Tour PointsBus Type: 4WD
River Heads Barge landing
RECOMMENDING A 4WD
Toyota Landcruiser Troop Carrier:Suits: Larger groups. Advantages: Large area inside due to length. Not Suitable for children under 4 years old.
Suzuki Jimny :Suits: Couples. Advantages: Stereo, coil sprung Comments: Small and very maneuverable.
Toyota Land Cruiser: Suits: Groups, family Advantages: Stereo, Comments: Larger 4WD
NEARLY ALL VEHICLES ARE MANUAL. Customers MUST pre request an automatic (subject to availability). A MANUAL DRIVERS LICENCE IS REQUIRED.
You must be at least 21 years of age to drive.
BARGE CROSSING & ACCESS PERMITS
We will book, no need to worry. Customers must be at Aussie Trax HQ 2 1/4 hrs prior to ferry departure time for our mandatory informative briefing. Exception: If taking the 8.30am ferry in which case they must be at Aussie Trax HQ by 3pm the day before your trip.
ADVANTAGES OF SELF DRIVE HOLIDAYS
Opportunity to see everything you want to see, without having to cater for other people or have the trip dictated to you.You can stay as long as you like at places of interest and not be hurried along. Travel at your own pacePrivacy if you want to travel to remote areas Opportunity to extend the trip subject to availability on vehicles etcNo bus tour on Fraser Island allows you to go to any lake at anytime, in fact some don't go to some of Fraser's must see places! Option to camp under the stars on the beach Complete flexibility for your itinerary and independence